Saturday 11 December 2010

walkwalkfashionbaby.


I'm such a crappy blogger. When I started this blog I thought 'oh you know, it's going to fit perfectly into my life, yadayadayada'. Guess I was wrong, however I really am going to try harder. No promises or anything but y'know, hopefully there will be a slight increase in posts.

Anyway, onto the interesting stuff.

Last week (Friday 3rd December to be precise) marked the end of an extremely stressful period for me. Back in September in Freshers Week my friend Kayleigh and I offered our services to Bangor RAG, and agreed to help put on a Charity Fashion Show. Initially we just thought that we'd be helping a little, maybe picking a few outfits, dressing some models, but no. In the end we hand picked all the models, liaised with all the shops (including hounding a few to get involved) and styled the clothes. Literally will never forget walking into the first shop and having the Manager say "Here's the stockroom, take whatever you want". It was like being a child in a sweet shop! Definitely didn't realize how stressful it would be, the first shop was new and exciting, but six shops down the line and we were both exhausted and stressed. It didn't really help that neither of us had ever done anything like it before, but I don't think I have ever learnt so much, so quickly. On the night we were backstage helping the models get dressed and it was so nice to hear them complimenting the outfits (that we chose!) and just generally having fun. Hopefully in a few days I'll have a portfolio of the looks I styled, as there were professional photographers there, but until then here's a picture of me looking slightly scared, backstage on the night.


I have way more to post in terms of the fashion show, including shop reviews etc.

No comments: