Monday 4 July 2011


France = Listening to music by the river; hot, drunken nights in Bordeaux, wine, picnics in vineyards; prettily lit bars; cucumber cocktails (amazing); sitting on the street watching buskers; chateaux visits in 42 degree heat; searching for the coolest bit of shade; rum; grande cafe au lait avec pain au chocolat (hang over cure); final walks along the river and, of course, friends to shares these moments with.

Wow, it's July already? Time seems to be moving at a pace that is unfathomable to me right now.

Last week, I went to France for 5 days, which was my third visit in 6 weeks. A little insane, but I love it. I don't really know where I'm going in my life right now, but going to France reminds me that there's more to life than career pressure, peer pressure and the need to conform to standards set by a multitude of different people. Going to France reminds me (selfishly), that I'm young, I have time, and life is way more than a career. It's okay to sit back, and appreciate what I do know... which isn't a lot at the moment! I think too many people (especially graduates) feel the need to settle into a career immediately; but why? Life should be fun, and I'm only 21... now is not the time to settle... now is the time to be reckless and explore life (and the world) so that when I do finally work out what I want to do, I'll be ready for it.

Didn't mean for this post to get quite this heavy... nevertheless, J'adore la France (if you hadn't guessed...).

I guess this post is more of a reminder to my future-self that there is more. to. life.

à bientôt! X

1 comment:

Abbie Beck - Cohen said...

I love that you feel that way, as I do too. I'm only 16 almost 17 and already feel as though I should know exactly where I'm going in life. But this post has made me realise once again, that I need to stop and live in the moment. It will all happen in time.

Your holiday pics are also gorgeous, and I am now craving chocolate so bad; thanks for that!