Tuesday 31 May 2011

thanks to the Olsens

It’s no secret that I love Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. Admittedly, until this afternoon it was mainly based on a severe love for their outfits; I mean, they put outfits together in a way that makes others look, like… bad, I suppose (really struggling for an adjective)?

Anyway, aside from Olsen’s Anonymous being the first blog I check each morning (yes, it’s sad, but it helps me get dressed…), I love when they do interviews. Although, having said that, I also find myself mildly disappointed, as they never give much of themselves away. Most of the time they sound like they’re saying things, and I guess they are, but you never really get a sense of what it must be like to hang out with them… to be friends with them… the type of people actually are (away from the way the media portrays them). Nevertheless, I do respect them for being ruthless when it comes to protecting their privacy (a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do, no?).

But then everything changed….

Whilst procrastinating away from unpacking this afternoon (I officially left University forever yesterday - SOB) I stumbled across a new interview with my favourite twins. I didn’t get my hopes up. But HOLY SHIT. It’s good people. At first I was a little sceptical, as I read excerpts on Grazia, which seemed a little vague (and as I found out later, taken ever-so-slightly out of context), but after hunting and clicking on a lot of links I finally found the source at Style.com. Find it here.

I’m not going to do what a lot of other websites have and quote the twins. No point; just read the original. But the reason for me, personally, that the interview was so good was that they were talking about their jobs and their success.

For me, the interview could not have come at a better time. I’ve been feeling pretty down today: I’m still not entirely sure about the path I’m heading on career-wise, I’m missing my friends and I generally just needed a little push. Anyway, I’m going to stop turning this into a diary entry, and get back to the point: there it was.

Thank you Style.com. Thank you Olsen twins. Not only have you managed to inspire me endlessly for the past I-don’t-know-how-many-years in terms of fashion, but now, you’ve managed to inspire me to persevere and not give up. Stay focused and dedicated. Just keep going.

So there you go. A little inspiration. Another interview worth noting is one with Lady Gaga for MTV, which was posted on BryanBoy's blog here. I have my ups and downs with Lady Gaga, but from that interview I kind of like her again, plus her new album is amazing. I really didn't want to like it after how much I didn't like Born This Way, but I can't help it; definitely worth a listen!

Right, now I have to unpack. No more procrastination. Hopefully more from this blog in the coming weeks now that I don't have the distraction of Uni, although my camera broke whilst I was climbing up a mountain so there probably won't be anything outfit related!

No comments: